OK Wolves fans the moment you’ve been waiting for is just about here.
Instead of a more in depth preview here’s a quick bullet point list of thoughts going into the game. Also be sure to check out my Q+A with Nets Are Scorching as well.
- I’m very interested to see how Rambis uses Brewer on defense. With the Nets using a somewhat smaller lineup of Harris, Lee, and Douglas-Roberts we could see Corey moving around to guard whoever is hot. Flynn is also one of the few capable guards at staying with Harris so that should be a fun matchup too.
- Lopez vs. Jefferson. We’ll get to see just how quick Big Al can play against a very mobile big man in Brook Lopez. It will also be fun to see what Hollins can do on D against him too.
- Will Ramon and Jonny play together at all tonight? I’ll put the over/under at 10 minutes. What do you guys think?
- Surprise stat line guess of the night: Ryan Gomes 16 pts on 6-10 fg, 2-2 ft, 2 3′s, 8 rebs, 4 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 3 to’s.
- Another surprise pick, Wolves leading scorer: Jonny Flynn with 20 over Al with 18.
- Wolves have been fairly decent in openers and are at home so I’ll say Wolves by 4. 104-100. I liked that they won their last preseason game with energy in the second half and Al is back.
I’ll be tweeting throughout the game as long as my NBA Broadband League Pass is working so be sure to follow along at home.
Let’s Go Wolves!