The long All-Star Weekend is kaput and we can finally get back to watching some competition where defense is an actuality, not just an optional aspect of the game. The Wolves take on the Pistons tomorrow night in Detroit and will be looking to shake their recent funk that took place just before the All-Star break. Here are today’s Wolf Tracks:
- The trade winds are swirling and some teams, Mavs and Zards, have already made a deal. The Wolves are a possible sleeper in the race for Tyrus Thomas according to Yahoo! Sports.
- The Rookie-Soph. game is over and the trash talking has ceased between young Wolf’s Kevin Love and Jonny Flynn. And it was Flynn who earned the right to bragging rights and the final laugh.
- Al Jefferson, before the All-Star Break, was dominating in the 4th quarter. This will need to continue as the Wolves venture into the latter part of the season.
- The newest Amar’e Stoudemire rumors have indicated that the Cavs are interested. Chad Ford wonders if Cleveland is big enough for Stoudemire and Shaq to try to play together once again.
- Who else saw that dunk contest and turned the channel to watch figure skating on the Olympics instead because you were bored out of your mind? John Hollinger questions the dunk contest and proposes the league change the event around a little bit to generate more buzz.
- The All-Star Break is a great time to ask questions to players, coaches and even the commish, David Stern. This is an article about the recent problems with reaching a new CBA agreement between the Union and Stern’s office.
- More on David Stern and the CBA, here is a video of Ric Bucher talking about the potential losses of the NBA.