Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/howlintw/public_html/wp-content/themes/blaskan/functions.php on line 543
The Wolves host a shaky Lakers squad tonight at the Target Center. Could the Wolves rise up and take advantage of the Lakers’ recent tentativeness? Here are today’s Wolf Tracks:
- Big Al Jefferson did not practice on Thursday and is now questionable for tonight’s match up with the Lakers.
- Even though Al is probably out, I have some good news! Get ready for it! Ready? Ready?!?! Kobe Bryant will most likely be out too! Whoopee! Isn’t this great news? Now we won’t have to look at that smug face when he hits turn-around jumpers all night!
- The solid play from Wednesday night that came from Kevin Love was no coincidence. With no Big Al in the lineup, it’s time for Love to thrive as a starter and show coach Rambis that he’s made a mistake all year by not starting him in the first place.
- Next week dawns the dooms day of some of our beloved Wolves. David Kahn will begin giving his exit interviews, as well as some powerpoint presentations on how they can improve, to the current personnel.
- John Hollinger says Al Jefferson is a ball hog. But somebody has to shoot it right? Why not have that person be your best on the floor. (ESPN Insider Article)
- Hoops World is giving out letter grades for the teams of the Western Conference.
Minnesota Timberwolves – If there is one team in the Western Conference that really deserves a grade of “Incomplete” it’s probably the Wolves. New president David Kahn has made it no secret the team is in full rebuilding mode and that it will be a relatively slow process. With that out of the way, most observers expected Minnesota to win at least 20 games this season. What this means is that the Wolves didn’t perform quite up to their capabilities this season — albeit with a roster that arguably has the least talent from top-to-bottom in the league. Grade: D
- Now, everyone needs to check this out and tell me how bizarre it is. You may have seen it already but it’s just just as odd watching it a second time.
- 48 Minutes of Hell talks about Manu’s new contract extension.
- Detroit has almost even bigger problems than the Wolves do. I call it, “The Mo-Town Mess”
- Chris Bosh has been released from the hospital after surgery to replace his fractured face.
- One of my favorite players in the league, Andrew Bogut deserves a celebratory glass of champagne for his season. I’ll even go so far as to oblige as a cup-holder for him. Hoop Data relishes the success of Bogut’s season.