Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/howlintw/public_html/wp-content/themes/blaskan/functions.php on line 543
The end of the season is in clear sight and Wolves fans probably couldn’t be happier. No more watching ferocious basketball. No more complaining to your favorite blog about how bad your team is. The offseason has come to save our keisters from being burnt any longer by this terrible team this season.
Here are the season’s final version of Wolf Tracks. The Tracks will still pop up periodically during the offseason so that you are properly and promptly informed on all of the Wolves breaking news but today is the final daily version until next year. It’s sad, I know.
- I began slacking on my game previews late in the season and I do apologize but here is a general preview for tonight’s match up with the Detroit Pistons.
- Wages of Wins Journal has done some critical thinking and says that Corey Brewer should not be the NBA’s MIP; he says he’s not even as good as he was his rookie season.
- Kevin Love is struggling to find his place on this team. He wants to know what his role will be for next season.
- The Wolves are going international this summer to play their exhibition games in Europe.
- David Kahn has said time and time again that the rights to Ricky Rubio are ours to keep and some other team’s to gain only by means of the foolish trade of all-time.
- Ricky Rubio is attracting the attention of coaches and players from around the league, including LeBron James and former Wolves coach Flip Saunders. This kid really could be the real deal.
Cleveland forward LeBron James: “I think he’ll be good. He’s a really good push guard. He’s very smart. He looked good in the two games we played against them in Beijing, so he’s going to be really good. He was very under control. You can tell he has been doing it [playing professionally] for a while. It helps that he’s been playing with Rudy [Fernandez] and Pau [Gasol] and Jose [Calderon] and the rest of those guys with the Spanish national team.”
- John Hollinger elects Darko Milicic to his “All-Time Garbage Team” (ESPN Insider Article)
- Here are tonight’s final playoff scenarios.
- Kevin Arnovitz ponders the reason why pending free-agents play poor basketball.
- Congrats to the OKC Thunder for making the playoffs this season. I will certainly be watching them intently while secretly rooting for Durant and co.
- There are rumblings going around that coach Doc Rivers may leave the Celtics organization at season’s end. This just assures the fact that this team is as old as the Jurassic era and will need to do some re-modeling, if I may, to contend for any championships in the near future.
- The doctors of Nuggets coach George Karl are optimistic about his return to coaching in time for the NBA playoffs. Karl is continuing his battle against cancer and currently undergoing treatments.
- Speaking of coaches, the L.A. Clippers are inquiring about a coach for next year and report says that they will not go after Larry Brown.