Minimal amounts to report to you coming from our Wolves today, but some big news about Jonny Flynn and Darko’s big night are among them. Here are today’s Wolf Tracks:
- After just one mediocre game, at best, with the Sioux Falls Skyforce, the Wolves have recalled Jonny Flynn back onto the team, but it still remains to be seen whether he’ll get playing time until later on this week.
- Darko Milicic’s plus/minus of plus-41 on Saturday was actually one of the highest totals in NBA history. It was tied for 23rd, to be exact, which actually ties Kobe Bryant’s all-time best.
- The Wolves are in New York tonight to face the Knicks. Here’s a quick preview on tonight’s tilt.
- The New Orleans Hornets are facing a situation very similar to the of our Timberwolves after just five seasons in the NBA.
- Nick Flynt highlights some interesting statistics regarding the Wolves’ season thus far.
Want a wild team stat to go with your individual numbers? The Minnesota Timberwolves, 10th in the league in 3-point shooting and matched up against the 4th worst 3-point defensive team in the league (percentage-wise) in the Cleveland Cavaliers, nailed 18 3-pointers while shooting 69.2% from deep. That’s the second highest 3-point percentage of any team to make 18 or more 3-pointers in a game since the 86-87 season. That’s the T-Wolves’ franchise record for made 3-pointers, by the way. Their previous high was 15 (in 2004-05), and they needed 34 attempts to get to that.