Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/howlintw/public_html/wp-content/themes/blaskan/functions.php on line 543
I’m going to start making a better effort of publishing your Wolf Tracks, giving you a more up-to-date analysis on the state of our team. So, without further adieu, here are today’s Wolf Tracks:
- Despite last night’s monstrosity, Jonny Flynn was awarded his first start and actually played very well for his standards. Here’s what Ray Richardson had to say about Flynn‘s emphasis on rehab as of late as opposed to trying to get his starting spot back:
“[Jonny] Flynn, laboring for nearly four months as he battles back from hip surgery in July, is putting a higher priority on his rehab progress than trying to become the Wolves’ starting point guard again. He’s leaving that decision up to coach Kurt Rambis. ‘I think I made a great step tonight in getting back to where I was with the amount of minutes I played,’ said Flynn, who was on the floor for a season-high 26 minutes. ‘I definitely felt good out there and could feel my rhythm coming back. I just wish I could have organized us much better and got more touches for (Wolves forward Kevin Love). I take responsibility for that. We have to have him scoring for us to win.’ Flynn, who has backed up Ridnour the past 22 games since being activated on Dec. 14, did not know he was going to start until he arrived at Target Center. Though he made 81 starts as a rookie last season, he has not had much time this season with the first unit. The lack of quality minutes with the starters might have been an issue for Flynn in getting the ball more to Love.”
- Here’s nothing new: Ricky Rubio reportedly has interest in playing for a bigger market, East Coast city in Boston. What’s next? Could Rubio shock us all and have interest in going West to L.A.? (Only God forbid!)
- I shared with you two days ago about the upcoming plans to renovate the Target Center. Here you can find a couple pictures of the plans and all the details of the plans so thoughtfully laid out by our favorite team media guy, Jonah Ballow.
- “Kevin Love building his brand,” is an article written by Star Tribunes’ Timberwolves beat writer, Jerry Zgoda. Definitely a good read, so check that out if you haven’t already.
- Don’t you miss Brian Cardinal? I sure do.
“A while back,” Cardinal said, “I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,” Cardinal said. “He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.”