Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/howlintw/public_html/wp-content/themes/blaskan/functions.php on line 543
- More and more insight into the potential Knicks-Nuggets-Wolves deal was revealed on Sunday. A Timberwolves source told ESPN’s Ric Bucher that the Wolves “would not approve of a deal where the team received just New York’s Randolph and Curry with Brewer and a first-rounder heading to Denver.” That’s actually very reassuring.
- Jerry Zgoda has this to say on the matter: “They’re interested mostly in taking a flyer at minimum cost on a long athletic player who was the 14th pick in a pretty good 2008 draft and who has shown flashes of potential. If they get him, I get the sense this is another move for the future rather than the present, although the question at this point is whether Kahn and Rambis can afford to make more moves for the future without addressing the present.”
- The depressing factor in all of these talks is that the Wolves are pretty adamant that Corey Brewer is not a part of the team’s long-term plans. Jerry Zgoda writes, “The Brewer portion makes sense. Expect the Wolves to try to trade him by the Feb. 24 deadline. They’re looking to get something of value for a guy it sure seems like they’ve decided isn’t part of their future, not after not talking contract extension with him last fall.”
- Kevin Love was none too happy about last night Super Bowl Halftime performer..
- Martell Webster didn’t make the trip to New Orleans tonight. He was sidelined Saturday with back spasms. Judging his performance on the court lately and this reported injury, his back is clearly not healed yet.
- Luke Ridnour didn’t make the trip either. That makes it four games that Ridnour has now missed due to family matters.